Job Title: Ruby on Rails developer
Location: East Didsbury, Manchester
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £40,000 to £55,000
Experience: A minimum of 2 years of Ruby on Rails experience.
Send over a CV, or a GitHub link (or similar) to: email@example.com
NowSignage is an exciting SaaS business developed in Manchester and now supplying many hundreds of companies worldwide. You have an opportunity to join a company which is looking to significantly scale up the business and as such you will have an opportunity to share in its success.
- Write well designed, testable, efficient code by using best software development practices
- Have a detailed understanding of the NowSignage platform
- Understand all the assets required in connection with the NowSignage platform
- Build upon and improve the NowSignage platform UI using HTML/CSS
- Gather and refine specifications and requirements based on technical needs
- Stay plugged into emerging technologies/industry trends and apply them into operations and activities
- A good knowledge of the Ruby language, and the Ruby on Rails web framework.
- A solid understanding of how web applications work including security, session management, and best development practices
- Have excellent problem diagnosis and creative problem solving skills
- Demonstrate strong organisational skills to juggle multiple tasks within the constraints of timelines and budgets with business acumen
- Ability to work and thrive in a fast-paced environment, learn rapidly and master diverse web technologies and techniques.
- Working knowledge of budgets, forecasting and metrics for your role
- Understand the learning requirements of your role
- A knowledge of React would be advantageous
- Share options available for the right candidate.
NowSignage is a multi-screen CMS that enables users to upload, schedule and manage content across their screens at the click of a button. Our platform allows the seamless playing of static ads, videos, live YouTube & TV channel streaming, RSS news feeds, dashboards and web views, as well as moderated social media posts. We are ideal for controlling digital signage across single locations with tens of screens, or multiple locations with thousands of screens located across different geographical regions. NowSignage are dedicated towards providing software that is hardware agnostic and a service with unrivalled support.