Job Title: Ruby on Rails developer
Location: East Didsbury, Manchester
Job Type: Full-time
Experience: A minimum of 3 years of Ruby on Rails experience.
We're on the lookout for talented individuals with a passion for developing innovative software technology.
NowSignage is an exciting SaaS business developed in Manchester and now supplying thousands of digital signage screens worldwide. You have an opportunity to join a company that is looking to significantly scale up the business to establish themselves as industry leaders across a global customer base.
- A good knowledge of the Ruby language, and the Ruby on Rails web framework.
- A solid understanding of how web applications work including security, session management, and best development practices
- Experience with Amazon Web Services, Chef and other deployment technologies.
- Demonstrate strong organisational skills to juggle multiple tasks within the constraints of timelines and budgets with business acumen
- Ability to work and thrive in a fast-paced environment, learn rapidly and master diverse web technologies and techniques.
- Any experience with Android, React, Terraform or Docker would be advantageous.
- Write well designed, testable, efficient code by using the best software development practices
- Have a detailed understanding of the NowSignage platform
- Understand all the assets required in connection with the NowSignage platform
- Build upon and improve the NowSignage platform UI using HTML/CSS
- Gather and refine specifications and requirements based on technical needs
- Stay plugged into emerging technologies/industry trends and apply them into operations and activities
NowSignage is a multi-screen CMS that enables users to upload, schedule and manage content across their screens at the click of a button. Our platform allows the seamless playing of static ads, videos, live YouTube, TV channel streaming, RSS news feeds, dashboards, web views, as well as moderated social media posts and approved apps such as Microsoft PowerBI. We are ideal for controlling digital signage across single locations with tens of screens, or multiple locations with thousands of screens located across different geographical regions.
NowSignage are technology innovators who have changed and disrupted the traditional digital signage market. Since launching our cloud-based digital signage CMS in early 2013, our simplistic and cost effective subscription service resulted in NowSignage immediately becoming the trusted digital signage provider to many of the world’s biggest brands.